Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Pho Ga (Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Pho Ga (Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pho Ga (Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Opting to eat healthily offers incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are a number of diseases related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of living but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. It is likely that lots of people feel it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. It is possible, however, to make some simple changes that can start to make a positive impact to our daily eating habits.
If you want to see results, it is definitely not a requirement to drastically modify your eating habits. Even more crucial than totally modifying your diet is simply substituting healthy eating choices whenever you can. Eventually, you will find that you actually prefer to ingest healthy foods after you have eaten that way for some time. As with many other habits, change happens over a period of time and once a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you will not feel the need to return to your old diet.
Hence, it should be fairly obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to pho ga (vietnamese chicken noodle soup) recipe. To cook pho ga (vietnamese chicken noodle soup) you need 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Pho Ga (Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup):
- Provide 1100 g of whole chicken.
- Take 3 of thumb-size ginger, peeled and cut vertically.
- Prepare 3-4 of medium onion, peeled and cut i to half.
- Get 1 of cinnamon stick.
- Use 2-3 pieces of star anise.
- Get 4-5 pieces of cloves or 1 tbsp coriander seeds.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt.
- Use 2-3 tbsp of fish sauce.
- Use 2 liters of water.
- Provide of Pho rice noodles, cooked per packaging instruction.
- Take of Garnish.
- Get 1 cup of bean sprout.
- You need 1 of large white onion, slices thinly.
- Get 1/2 of cut spring onion, chopped.
- Use 1 cup of coriander leaves.
- Take of Lemon or lime.
Instructions to make Pho Ga (Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup):
- Parboil chicken per about 1 minute and then drain all the water to remove any gunks. Set aside..
- In a pan, dry roast ginger and onion until slightly browned. Transfer into the pot with chicken..
- In the same pan, roast over low heat cinnamon stick, star anise, and coriander seeds. The original recipe made use of a 1 black cardamon (cracked open) but I prefer to leave this one out. Roast for 1 minute until fragrant. Make sure the spices don’t burn. Place everything in a spice pouch and then transfer into the chicken pot. Note: if you are replacing coriander seed with cloves, add the cloves 20 minutes prior to end of the cook to maximize the flavor..
- Put 2 liters if water into the chicken pot with the ginger, onion and spice pouch. Put 2 tsp salt. Bring to boil then turn to low heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes..
- After 20-25 minutes, check if chicken is cooked through. Try to poke with a pork and see if the juice coming out is still pinkish..
- Once you see that it is cooked, turn off heat and take the chicken out. Put it in an ice bath to stop the cooking. Once cooled, pick out the meat of the chicken off the bones and set aside..
- Return the chicken bones and carcass into the pot and simmer for 45-60 minutes. You may want to add more salt as preferred. Add the cloves (if using) 20 minutes prior to turning the heat off..
- To serve, put the pho rice noodles in a bowl. Top with shredded chicken meat and garnish with thinly sliced onion, bean sprouts, coriander leaves and chopped spring onion. Ladle 1-2 cups of the soup base. Serve hot..
If you find this Pho Ga (Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup) recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.