Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Butter Chickpea Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Butter Chickpea Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Healthy eating is today a great deal more popular than before and rightfully so. There are numerous diseases related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. Most likely, a lot of people assume that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their way of life. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by carrying out some modest changes.
Initially, you should be extremely careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your shopping cart that you no longer wish to eat. For example, most probably you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out how much sugar it contains. Having a bowl of oatmeal will provide you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. By adding fresh fruit, you can make oatmeal taste better and, before you know it, you will have made a healthy change to your diet.
Thus, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to butter chickpea curry recipe. You can have butter chickpea curry using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Butter Chickpea Curry:
- Take 4 tablespoons of butter, divided.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, finely chopped.
- Take 3 cloves of garlic, minced or presses.
- Use 1 tablespoon of freshly grated ginger.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of garam masala powder (a little less if you use the paste).
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of mild curry powder.
- Take 1 teaspoon of turmeric.
- Take 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (adjust to taste).
- Take 1/4 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- Use 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 170 g of tomato paste.
- Use 1 can (400 g) of diced tomatoes.
- Take 1 can (400 g) of full fat coconut milk.
- Get 3 cans (440 g) of chickpeas, drained and rinsed.
- Take 1 tablespoon of cornstarch.
- Take 4 tablespoons of heavy cream.
- Take of Chopped cilantro or parsley as garnish.
Instructions to make Butter Chickpea Curry:
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions, a pinch of salt and sauté for about 5 minutes, until translucent, stirring once in a while..
- Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute, until fragrant. Add ginger and all the spices and sauté for 30 seconds, until fragrant. Add tomato paste and give a good stir..
- Add the can of diced tomatoes, fill the can 3/4 full with water and add to the pan..
- Bring to a low simmer, cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring every now and then. Remove from the heat, add coconut milk. Transfer to a pot and purée with an immersion blender until smooth and creamy..
- Return the pot to heat, add chickpeas and give a good stir. Cover and gently simmer for about 20-25 minutes, stirring every now and then..
- In a small bowl whisk cornstarch and (cold) heavy cream. (If the cornstarch doesn’t dissolve well, add a tiny bit of cold water). Add the slurry and the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and simmer for further 5 minutes stirring carefully, until the sauce starts to thicken..
- Take a taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Sprinkle with chopped fresh cilantro or parsley and serve with rice and/or boiled potatoes..
If you find this Butter Chickpea Curry recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.