Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Stuffed Peppers with Quinoa recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Stuffed Peppers with Quinoa recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Stuffed Peppers with Quinoa recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Treats that give You Energy.
Eating healthy foods can make all the difference in the way we feel. Increasing our daily allowance of healthy foods while lowering the intake of unhealthy types plays a part in a more healthy feeling. A salad allows us to feel a lot better than a piece of pizza (physically at any rate). Sometimes it’s tough to find healthier foods for snacks between meals. You can spend several hours at the food market searching for the right snack foods to help you feel healthy. Here are a handful of healthy snacks that you can use when you need a quick pick me up.
Healthy foods made from whole grains are great for a easy snack. Starting your working day with a piece of whole grain bread toasted can give you that additional boost you need to get going. When you need a fast snack on your way out the door, don’t forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Make the modification from refined products including white bread to the healthier whole grain choices.
You don’t have to look far to find a wide range of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Being healthy and balanced doesnt really need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite easy.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to stuffed peppers with quinoa recipe. To cook stuffed peppers with quinoa you need 13 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Stuffed Peppers with Quinoa:
- You need 1/2 packages of medium firm tofu,pressed and cubed.
- Use 4 of red,green,or yellow bell peppers.
- Take 1 can of unsalted tomatoes,diced.
- You need 1 of red onion, diced.
- You need 2 of scallions,chopped.
- Prepare 2 of stock celery,chopped.
- You need 3 clove of galric,thinly sliced.
- You need 1 cup of quinoa.
- Provide 1 1/2 cup of vegetable broth.
- Get 8 oz of mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare 2 oz of feta cheese.
- Get 3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- Take 1 of salt and black ground pepper ,to taste.
Instructions to make Stuffed Peppers with Quinoa:
- Cut the tops off the peppers and remove seeds,Save tops for later..
- Rinse the quinoa in cold water with strainer..
- In sauce pan heat the vegetable broth and add quinoa, bring to a simmer cook covered for 10 minutes..
- Heat 1 tbsp of the extra virgin olive oil in large skillet, add the tofu,and brown all sides of tofu; about 10 minutes..
- Remove tofu set on plate for later..
- Heat remaining extra virgin olive oil in the large skillet,add in onion, celery, garlic, and scallion..
- Cook until veggies are softened; about 10 minutes..
- Pre-heat oven to 350°..
- Add in slightly drained can of tomatoes, quinoa, and tofu into the large skillet;mix everything together..
- Add salt and black pepper to taste..
- Place the peppers in greased cooking dish..
- Add some mozzarella to the bottom of the peppers..
- Fill 1/2 the pepper with skillet mixture; pressing down into pepper..
- Add in another layer of mozzarella..
- Fill the rest of the pepper with the skillet mixture..
- Top with more mozzarella..
- Place in oven; bake for 25 minutes..
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with feta..
- Set tops back on peppers; bake for an additional 10 minutes..
- Remove from oven; let cool and enjoy..
- (*ive also made these using racelte swiss in place of mozzarella and manchego in place of feta. that combination work just as well! ).
If you find this Stuffed Peppers with Quinoa recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.