Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best authentic Indian chicken curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to authentic Indian chicken curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons why this is so. There are numerous illnesses associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to lead a healthier lifestyle and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. It is likely that many people feel it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. In reality, however, merely making a few minor changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use to cook your food. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. Olive oil also is a good source of vitamin E which is good for your skin, among other things. If you presently are consuming lots of fresh fruits and leafy greens, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are an excellent alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful pesticides. You will be sure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier because you will be able to get the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Thus, it should be fairly obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to authentic indian chicken curry recipe. You can have authentic indian chicken curry using 16 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make authentic Indian chicken curry:
- Prepare 1 of kilogram chicken.
- You need 5 of onion.
- You need 6 clove of garlic.
- You need 2 tbsp of ginger.
- Get 4 of tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of tomatoe puree.
- Take 1 tsp of garam masala.
- Prepare 1 tsp of turmeric powder (haldi).
- Provide 1 tbsp of ground black pepper.
- Take 3 tbsp of natural yogurt.
- Provide 1 bunch of freash coriander.
- You need 3 cup of water.
- Provide 3 tbsp of ghee or vegetable oil.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Take 2 tbsp of salt.
- Use 4 of green chillies or to your taste.
Steps to make authentic Indian chicken curry:
- add the ghee or vegetable oil to a large pan on a medium heat.
- add the cumin seeds and wait till they start popping.
- add the 5 chopped onions and the salt to the pan and cook the onions till they have softened.
- after the onions have softened add the finally chopped ginger and garlic and the green chillies cook for a further 5 minutes.
- than add the freash chopped tomatoes and the tomato puree and cook for 10 minutes untill the tomatoes have softened.
- after the tomatoes have softened and most of the liquid has evaporated then add the 3 tablespoons of natural yogurt to the pan and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- than add the black pepper, garam masala, and turmaric powder to the pan and cook for 3 minutes..
- now add the chicken and stir fry until chicken is half cooked..
- after the chicken is half cooked add the 3 cups if water and simmer for 1 and a half hour or untill the sauce is nice and thick but keep stirring from time to time..
- after the chicken curry is cooked add the freash chopped coriander stir through..
- now the chicken curry is ready and can be served with rice, naan, chappatti and a nice raita on the side..
- you can do this with lamb or beef to.
If you find this authentic Indian chicken curry recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.