Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons for doing this. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. Even though we’re always being counseled to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. It is likely that a lot of people assume it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. In reality, though, simply making a few modest changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
Initially, you must be extremely careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t automatically put things in your shopping cart that you no longer want to eat. For instance, have you ever checked how much sugar and salt are in your preferred cereal? One healthy alternative that can give you a great start to your day is oatmeal. By putting in fresh fruit, you can make oatmeal taste better and, before you know it, you will have made a positive change to your diet.
To sum up, it is not hard to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to frosted sugar cookie bars recipe. To make frosted sugar cookie bars you need 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars:
- You need of Cookie Bars :.
- Use 2 3/4 cups of all purpose flour.
- Get 1 1/2 tsp. of baking powder.
- Get 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- Use 1 cup (2 sticks) of unsalted butter, softened to room temperature.
- Get 1 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 of large egg + 1 large egg yolk, at room temperature.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- Provide of Frosting :.
- Use 1/2 cup (1 stick) of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- Provide 1 3/4 cup of confectioners sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp. of cream (or milk).
- Use 1/2 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- Use Pinch of salt.
- Provide of Sprinkles (optional for decoration).
Steps to make Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13" baking pan with parchment paper, leaving enough of an overhang to easily luft out the finished bars. Set it aside..
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt until thoroughly combined. Set it aside..
- Using either a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or a hand mixer, beat the butter on med-high speed until creamy, 1-2 minutes. Then beat in the sugar for 1 minute, until fluffy. Beat in the egg, egg yolk and vanilla extract until combined. Scrape down the sides as needed..
- On low speed, add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until just combined. The dough will be thick and sticky..
- Press the dough evenly into the prepared baking pan. Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until the edges are just starting to lightly brown. The center will still look very soft..
- Place the baking pan on a wire rack and let it cool completely. Once cool, lift out with the parchment paper and frost..
- For the frosting, in a medium bowl using a hand mixer or a stand mixer, beat the butter until creamy, 1-2 minutes. Then add the rest of the frosting ingredients and mix until combined. You can add more cream if you'd like a thinner frosting. Frost the cookie bars before slicing them. You can also decorate with sprinkles after frosting if you'd like to. Use a large, sharp knife to slice them..
- Store these in an airtight container for 3 or so days. Don't stack them, as the frosting will not harden and set much..
If you find this Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.