Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Apple Pie (with Cream Cheese Custard) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Apple Pie (with Cream Cheese Custard) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons for this. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health problems such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to adopt a more healthy way of living and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. In all likelihood, most people assume that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their way of life. In reality, however, simply making a few minor changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
One way to approach this to start seeing some results is to understand that you do not need to alter everything straightaway or that you should entirely do away with certain foods from your diet. If you would like to commit to a wholesale change, that is OK but the main thing at first is to try to see to it that you are making more healthy eating choices. As you get used to the taste of healthy foods, you will realize that you’re eating more healthily than before. As you continue your habit of eating healthier foods, you will discover that you will not want to eat the old diet.
As you can see, it’s not hard to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to apple pie (with cream cheese custard) recipe. To cook apple pie (with cream cheese custard) you only need 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Apple Pie (with Cream Cheese Custard):
- Provide 2 of Apples.
- You need 50 of to 60% of the weight of the apples Sugar (light brown sugar).
- Prepare 1 of Lemon juice (yuzu juice is better!).
- Get 1 of Cinnamon powder.
- Provide 1 of sheet Pastry dough (storebought).
- Get 1 of Flour (for dusting).
- Get of For the cream cheese custard:.
- Prepare 50 grams of Cream cheese.
- Take 1 of Egg yolk.
- Use 3 tbsp of Sugar.
- Provide 50 ml of Heavy cream.
- Get 3 tbsp of Flour.
- You need 1 of few drops Vanilla extract.
- Use 1 of Lemon juice (yuzu juice is better!).
Instructions to make Apple Pie (with Cream Cheese Custard):
- Cut the apples into wedges, and combine with sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon in a pan. Simmer over low heat. Watch the pan and stir the contents occasionally so that they don't burn..
- Soften and warm the cream cheese in the microwave. Add all the custard ingredients except for the flour and mix. Strain the mixture through a sieve, then add the flour, taking care that no lumps form..
- When the flour is mixed in, microwave the mixture for a few seconds at a time, mixing in between. The custard will gradually stiffen, so mix well so that no lumps form..
- When the custard is warm and creamy, cover with plastic film and leave to cool. Put in the refrigerator to chill..
- Stop simmering the apples while they still retain their shape (or if you prefer a jam-like texture, keep simmering). Leave to cool..
- Dust a cutting board with flour, and roll out the room temperature pastry dough to your desired thickness and size. Transfer the dough to a pie tin(s). Don't forget the strips for decoration!.
- Put some of the cream cheese custard on the bottom, and line it with the apples as nicely as you can. Top with decorative strips of pastry in a lattice pattern, and brush with egg wash..
- Bake for about 30 minutes in a 180°C oven, and you're done!.
If you find this Apple Pie (with Cream Cheese Custard) recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.