Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Caldo Verde com Chouriço (Portuguese Collard Green Soup) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Caldo Verde com Chouriço (Portuguese Collard Green Soup) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Caldo Verde com Chouriço (Portuguese Collard Green Soup) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Energy Raising Snacks.
Healthy eating encourages a feeling of well being. When we eat more healthy meals and less of the detrimental ones we usually feel much better. A bit of pizza will not have you feeling as healthy as eating a fresh green salad. Deciding on healthier food choices can be challenging when it is snack time. You can spend several hours at the food market searching for the right snack foods to help you feel healthy. There’s nothing like one of these simple healthy foods when you really need an energy-boosting snack food.
Eating almonds is a fantastic option as long as you don’t have a nut allergy. Almonds are usually considered a super food because they’re packed full of things that help boost our vitality while keeping us healthy. Various minerals and vitamins are found in these wonderful nuts. They do, however, have tryptophan-the same enzyme that renders you tired after eating turkey. Nevertheless, you will not need a nap after eating almonds. Alternatively they will merely help your muscles and gastrointestinal system relax while also helping you feel less stressed out. Almonds frequently give you a general increased a feeling of well-being.
You will find lots of healthy snack foods you can choose that don’t involve a lot of preparation or searching. When you make the choice to be healthy, it’s simple to find what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to caldo verde com chouriço (portuguese collard green soup) recipe. To make caldo verde com chouriço (portuguese collard green soup) you need 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Caldo Verde com Chouriço (Portuguese Collard Green Soup):
- You need 2 tbs of extra virgin olive oil.
- Provide 1 of chouriço,linguiça or Spanish chorizo sliced in 1/4 inch rounds.
- Use 1 of large onion, diced.
- Provide to taste of Salt and white pepper,.
- Get 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Get 6 of large potatoes, peeled and chopped.
- Get 4 cups of chicken stock AND 3 cups of water.
- Get 1 pound of (medium bunch) collard greens or kale, sliced thin *****.
Instructions to make Caldo Verde com Chouriço (Portuguese Collard Green Soup):
- In a large pot, add your olive oil and brown the chouriço on medium heat. Allow the fat from the sausage to really come out as this helps flavour the soup. Once done, remove chouriço with slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the onions and cook until translucent, then add your garlic. Stir to combine.
- Add your raw potatoes to the pot, stir then add your water and chicken broth. Bring everything to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Using a wand blender, puree the soup to a smooth consistency. You want it mostly smooth but a few SMALL potato pieces are fine..
- Season with salt and pepper to your taste. Add your collard greens (or kale) and your choiriço back to the pot and bring back up to just a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer for 3-5 min.
- Serve with bread if desired.
- ** note: remember to remove the stem from your greens.
If you find this Caldo Verde com Chouriço (Portuguese Collard Green Soup) recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.