Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chinese BBQ pork/ Char Siu recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chinese BBQ pork/ Char Siu recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Healthy eating is today a good deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. There are numerous health conditions related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to adopt a healthier way of living and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. It is likely that lots of people believe it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. In reality, though, just making some minor changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
These sorts of changes can be done with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil, for example, has monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that fight the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil also provides vitamin E which is great for your skin, among other things. While you may already eat a great deal of fruits and leafy greens, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If you choose organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with deadly pesticides. Finding a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the option of consuming foods that still have almost all of the nutrients which are typically lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
As you can see, it’s not hard to begin incorporating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chinese bbq pork/ char siu recipe. To make chinese bbq pork/ char siu you need 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Chinese BBQ pork/ Char Siu:
- Use 450 g of Pork belly 1.5 inch stripes/pork butt 1 inch thick.
- Use 1 tbsp of maltose.
- You need of Marinade:.
- You need 1 inch of cube red fermented tofu,mashed.
- Get 5 tbsps of sugar.
- Take 1 1/2 tbsps of oyster sauce / vegetarian stir-fry sauce.
- Use 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsps of dark soya sauce /2 tbsps soya sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of Shao xing wine.
- Take 1 package of char siu seasoning mix.
Steps to make Chinese BBQ pork/ Char Siu:
- Tenderize pork with a turkey lifter fork. Mix all marinade ingredients together then put on pork. Put pork into a zipper bag or a container and let it marinade overnight in refrigerator..
- Preheat oven to 375C. Put water in roasting pan. Remove pork from fridge and arrange on a wire rack inside roasting pan. Bake for 30 minutes then turn it oven and bake for another 30 minutes..
- Meanwhile, add maltose to marinade. Simmer marinade until it turn glossy and thick. Set aside.
- Bast thickened sauce on pork, bake for 10 minutes in order to get a nice caramelisation and char. Turn pork and bast other side, bake for 10 minutes to get even char on both sides. Remove from oven and rest for 10 minutes before slicing..
If you find this Chinese BBQ pork/ Char Siu recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.