Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Golden Split Pea Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Golden Split Pea Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Strength Enhancing Treats.
Enjoying healthy foods makes all the difference in the way you feel. We tend to feel way less gross whenever we increase our consumption of healthy foods and reduce our consumption of processed foods. A salad allows us to feel better than a piece of pizza (physically in any case). Choosing healthier food choices can be tough when it’s snack time. Shopping for goodies can be a difficult task because you have countless options. There’s nothing like one of these simple healthy foods if you want an energy-boosting treat.
Whole grain snacks are an superb choice for a fast healthy snack. Starting your day with a piece of whole grain toasted bread can give you that added boost you need to get going. Eating on the run can be more healthy with whole fiber chips and crackers. Whole grains are usually better than highly processed grains found in white bread.
You don’t have to look far to locate a wide variety of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. When you make the decision to be healthy, it’s simple to find what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to golden split pea soup recipe. You can cook golden split pea soup using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Golden Split Pea Soup:
- Take 2 1/2 cups of split peas.
- Prepare of Water to cover peas after rinsing.
- You need 1/2 lb of Bacon (about 6 slices).
- Take 4 of carrots sliced.
- Take 1/2 of white onion diced.
- Take 3 of large ribs celery sliced.
- Get 1 of large ham shank or multiple smaller ones which I used here.
- Prepare of Fresh ground black pepper.
- Get 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- You need 3 of garlic cloves sliced.
- Use 2 cups of chicken broth.
Instructions to make Golden Split Pea Soup:
- Chop and fry bacon until crispy, pour off most bacon fat.
- Deglaze pan using chicken stock.
- Add all chopped veggies herbs and pepper, cook until aromatic.
- Add peas, water and chicken broth, stir..
- Add ham shank and bring everything to a boil and skim off the foam.
- Cover and cook on low at least 3-4 hours until meat falls off the bone removing bones and skin from shank out of soup and the peas are tender. Do not add additional salt during cooking, the bacon and ham shanks with the broth have plenty, just season with black pepper to taste..
- You can adjust thickness of soup by adding water during the cooking process and adjust seasonings to taste, if you want to add more salt I would add it to your bowl instead of the pot, so it's not too salty..
If you find this Golden Split Pea Soup recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.