Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Cheesy Sausage & Potato Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cheesy Sausage & Potato Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more attention than ever before and there are many reasons why this is so. Poor diet is one factor in diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. It is likely that lots of people believe it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. Contrary to that information, people can alter their eating habits for the better by carrying out some small changes.
These better food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for example, is loaded with monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that counter the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil also is a good source of vitamin E which is beneficial for your skin, among other things. It may be that you already believe that you consume fruit and leafy greens but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. If at all possible, buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with deadly chemical substances. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also eat foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being picked at the right time.
Therefore, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to cheesy sausage & potato soup recipe. You can cook cheesy sausage & potato soup using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Cheesy Sausage & Potato Soup:
- Take 2 lbs of russet potatoes (cut into 1” cubes).
- Take 1 lb of smoked sausage (cut into 1/4” slices).
- You need 6 Oz of cream cheese (softened).
- Get 8 Oz of cream of celery soup.
- Prepare 2/3 envelope of onion soup mix.
- Get 2 cups of white cheddar cheese (shredded).
- Provide 1 tsp of Cajun seasoning.
- Get 2 cups of water.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
- Provide of 1 medium jalapeño (sliced, optional).
Steps to make Cheesy Sausage & Potato Soup:
- Place potatoes at the bottom of the slow cooker with 2 cups water..
- In a medium bowl blend cream cheese, cream of celery soup, onion soup mix, cream, jalapeño (optional) and cajun seasoning. Pour the cheese mixture over the potatoes and stir to combine..
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hrs..
- After 3 hrs, add sausage, stir and continue cooking for remainder..
- After checking to make sure potatoes are cooked through, give it a good stir. Add milk and cheddar and continue to stir until well combined. Cook an additional 30 minutes on low..
- Top with more shredded cheese if desired and serve..
If you find this Cheesy Sausage & Potato Soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.