Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Red Lentil Curry (daal) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Red Lentil Curry (daal) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Healthy eating is now a good deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. There are many health conditions related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to adopt a healthier lifestyle and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. People typically assume that healthy diets require a great deal of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can alter their eating habits for the better by implementing several simple changes.
One way to approach this to begin seeing some results is to understand that you do not need to change everything instantly or that you should altogether do away with certain foods from your diet. If you wish to commit to a wholesale change, that is fine but the main thing at first is to try to see to it that you are making more healthy eating choices. Sooner or later, you will probably see that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds become accustomed to the change. As you continue your habit of eating healthier foods, you will discover that you will not wish to eat the old diet.
Evidently, it’s not at all difficult to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to red lentil curry (daal) recipe. To cook red lentil curry (daal) you only need 18 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Red Lentil Curry (daal):
- You need 1 of pot :.
- Prepare 5 cup of 5-6 cup of water in a pot.
- Provide 1 1/2 cup of Red lentils (washed).
- Get 4 small of 4-5 small curry leaves (food flavour and smell).
- You need 1 tsp of Garlic paste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ginger paste.
- Provide of Spices.
- Get 1/2 tsp of Chilli/ cayenne powder (for heat).
- Use 1 of Whole chicken bouillon cube.
- Get 1 tsp of All spice powder (garam masala).
- You need 1/2 tsp of Cumin powder.
- Provide 1 of Salt.
- Use of Separate pan.
- Provide 1 medium of Onion.
- Take 3 of Curry leaves.
- Get 1/2 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- You need 3 tbsp of Olive or canola oil.
- Prepare 1 of Chopped coriander (cilantro) leaves to garnish.
Steps to make Red Lentil Curry (daal):
- In a pot, boil water and add in the washed red lentils when water starts boiling along with the curry leaves..
- Cover halfway and cook at medium until lentils are tender and they turn yellow Estimated time would be from within 15-20 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger (mix well).
- Add in the spices and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- On a separate pan: add in the olive oil/ or your choice of oil and wait till it warms up.
- Add in the cumin seeds and the curry leaves and fry for 25 seconds.
- Add in the sliced onions and fry until brown (not burnt).
- In the pot: add in the fried onions and mix well. Turn heat up high and stir occasionally (make sure nothing sticks) for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes bring the heat back to low (3) and cook for another 5 minutes until the curry thickens.
- Serve with basmati/white/brown rice or roti (flat bread).
- Garnish it with cilantro when on the plate.
If you find this Red Lentil Curry (daal) recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.