Ayam Betutu (Chicken in Balinese spices).
You can have Ayam Betutu (Chicken in Balinese spices) using 20 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ayam Betutu (Chicken in Balinese spices)
- It’s 1/2 of free range chicken (rub with salt and lime for 30 min).
- Prepare of Blended spices.
- You need 1 of thumb of ginger.
- It’s 1 of thumb of galangal.
- You need of Small pcs of turmeric.
- Prepare 5 of candlenut.
- You need 3 pcs of lemongrass.
- Prepare 7 of shallots.
- You need 4 of garlic cloves.
- You need of Oil.
- You need of Sugar.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Roughly chopped spices.
- It’s 2 pcs of lemongrass.
- It’s 5 of bay leaves.
- You need 3 of lime leaves.
- You need 3 of shallots.
- Prepare of Additional.
- It’s of Banana leaves for cover.
- You need of Aluminium foil.
Ayam Betutu (Chicken in Balinese spices) step by step
- Blend all the blended spices.
- Heat a pan, sauteé the blended spice until fragrant. Afterwards, bring the roughly chopped spices in until it's cooked..
- Rinse the chicken well, place it on the banana leaves, then rub it with the cooked spices. Wrap in the leaves and let it cool in the fridge for minimum an hour (better overnight)..
- Next, wrap the banana leaves with aluminium foil and steam the chicken until it's tender (mine roughly 1 hour)..